Job title: Development Officer
Position: Part time until end of 2017 with possibility of full time in 2018
Reports to: Executive Director, Programme Adviser
Job location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The development officer will be responsible for the writing and editing of proposals and their submission to the European Union and other entities. The officer will ensure that CDRSEE consistently adheres to high-quality standards for all proposal submissions in coordination with the Programme Manager.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience in international development, politics, human rights, education sector, media
- Experience in proposal writing, specifically for the EU; knowledge of other donors is a plus
- Experience in working with government or/and non-governmental organizations
- Ability to identify grant opportunities for the organization
- Native English speaker; strong writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of the Southeast Europe region
How to apply:
Interested applicants should email the CDRSEE with their C.V., a cover letter and a proposal sample in English to email@example.com. The subject of the email should read: Development Officer Application. Selected individuals will be interviewed in English.
The CDRSEE welcomes and encourages students who are interested in making a difference in the Western Balkans to consider an internship. An internship with CDRSEE will take you to a new level of experience. In your internship at the Center, you'll have the opportunity to take what you've learned in school and use it to make a real contribution to the democratic processes of the Balkans.
CDRSEE has created the space for several 3-month internships throughout the year. The internship programme seeks to provide closely monitored, project-driven professional and practical experience, for undergraduate and graduate students, interested in contributing to CDRSEE's projects and initiatives, and in learning how project development works in practice. All interns will be provided with relevant in-depth training on Project Development and Management, and be given the opportunity to put their skills into practice.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Participation in project development;
- Assistance to grant writing;
- Assistance in the organisation of fundraising activities;
- Communications and website design;
- Support to the permanent staff.
The 3-month internships are open to qualified and highly motivated students, from multiple disciplines, i.e. international relations, marketing, web design, etc. No previous experience is required and the CDRSEE does not apply geographical restrictions; however, to qualify for an internship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be enrolled in a relevant undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate academic programme, or have graduated within the previous 2 years;
- Have excellent knowledge of the English language (written and spoken);
- Have good organisational skills;
- Have good writing abilities.
Internships will be based in our Thessaloniki office and require a minimum of 3 months commitment. Upon successful completion of the internship, the CDRSEE will provide a letter of recommendation. Internships will be unpaid and the Center does not cover any costs for travel to and from Thessaloniki, accommodation or board. However, successful candidates are encouraged to seek funding through Erasmus + (or simillar programmes). The CDRSEE will provide selected applicants with any support letters or documents they may need to apply for a grant covering the costs of their internship.
How to apply
Interested applicants should email the CDRSEE with their C.V., a cover letter and a writing sample in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should read: Internship Application. Selected individuals will be interviewed in English.
If you do not meet the above requirements, or are unable to commit to a 3-month internship, but still feel that you want to participate in the programme, please contact us at email@example.com, or call us at 0030 2310 960820/1
The CDRSEE is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity in our workplace that does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.